Project Manager, Research & Development
Project Manager, Research & Development
Reports to the Strategy Risks Chief Research & Development Officer. Lead and assist in a collaborative and virtual work team environment to support the work of the research department. Responsibilities include the management and coordination of the workflow of several research projects, maintenance of the virtual work environment, and optimization of overall research work. Must possess strong planning, problem solving, troubleshooting, communication, writing, and project management skills - including spreadsheet prowess, budgeting, the occasional PPT, and an overall positive affinity with the Strategy Risks company mission and culture.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED.
- Guide and work collaboratively with the Strategy Risks research team on research production and delivery processes - including scheduling, coordination, and cost/financial responsibilities.
- Ensure research is performed in accordance with company manuals, procedures, and client contract requirements.
- Actively track research project performance against schedules; ensure compliance with contract expectations.
- Maintain accurate, confidential files and data records and help ensure records remain firewalled from other divisions and with appropriate security and access assignments.
- Report status of projects to Chief Research & Development Officer and to research directors.
- Help develop and maintain project cost/charge controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk.
- Support regulatory compliance, including any testing, data collection, and record retention and/or destruction.
- Provide support and partnership with other researchers and members of the Strategy Risks team.
- Other duties as required by the Chief Research & Development Officer and department directors, including some light clerical and scheduling tasks.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, operations management, or related discipline; and/or related experience and equivalent certificate in project management.
- Experience with research and/or consulting processes and client delivery schedules desired.
- Interest in East Asian Studies and/or basic understanding of Chinese language desired, but not required.
- Interest in cyber security and security controls, rules and procedures, controlling access to information, and instructing workers on how to use company information systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of research operations, management, and data analytics systems.
- Conceptual planning ability: ability to manage mid to large research projects simultaneously.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of basic cyber security controls, rules, and record management procedures.
- Excellent strategic planning, organizational and time management skills. Results driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Power Point, SharePoint, Figma, Monday.com, and/or other data analytics systems to optimize team performance.
- Ability to complete routine reports, support training guide updates; understand research manuals and associated regulatory compliance; strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven with minimal supervision with the ability to work with all levels of the research team and management.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal customer service.
The Research Project Manager role is a full-time, remote position. This job description intends to articulate the general nature of the position and does not represent that all individuals who hold the position will perform all duties set forth above.
- Performance-Based Bonus
Sales & Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development Associate Job Description
Strategy Risks Corp seeks a talented and experienced individual to build relationships and generate revenue in various industry sectors. Sales experience in research and data products or financial services is preferred.
Generate new relationships with prospective client companies
Conduct detailed due diligence on prospective client companies, including company research, industry research, and financial analysis
Drive negotiations through various stages of the deal execution process
Maintain relationships with client companies post deal closing
Promote the Strategy Risks brand to companies
Maintain a CRM system
Potential travel to prospective client companies
Complete other relevant tasks as directed by management
Desired Strengths, Education & Experience:
Familiarity with the sales lifecycle
Client-facing and self-confident
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to understand business strategy and financial analysis
Possess exceptional communication skills and demonstrate a high level of maturity
Proactive, organized and transparent
Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, video conferencing and CRM tools
Team-player; proactive when working within a team
Thrive in a dynamic environment
Familiarity with China’s economics and politics preferred but not required
Approximately 3-5 years of work experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience in sales, with direct experience in the following areas preferred:
Financial services and/or research and data products sales; 3+ years
Negotiations, execution, and closing
Bachelor’s degree required with the following fields of study preferred:
Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Marketing
Other related majors
This is a remote, full-time position with benefits. The job description intends to describe the general nature of the job and does not represent that all individuals who hold the position will perform all duties set forth above. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Competitive base salary and commissions
China Research Analyst
We seek highly motivated candidates to help with various evolving research work streams for Strategy Risks. Effective critical thinking and relevant experience with all-source or open-source disciplines is a must. Candidates who have academic studies and/or work experience with a regional focus on China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and East Asia are preferred. Reading proficiency in Chinese is required.
- Conduct research on topics important to private and public-sector interests, including but not limited to Chinese influence operations, military-civil fusion activities, China’s domestic economic and political activities, and human rights
- Conduct media research, work with databases, financial documents, primary documents, and other sources to uncover reputational issues, complex corporate structures, ownership networks, and political or sanctions exposure for companies operating in China and/or globally
- Organize large amounts of data, including economic and market/industry data
- Analyze information to explain China's shifting economic status, forecasts and market trends
- Assist Strategy Risks heads of research with various other research tasks as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree required
- Knowledge of open-source information sources and excellent internet research skills
- Strong understanding of China and its private and public sectors
- Strong English-language writing, communication and interview skills, and strong attention to detail
- Related work experience is desirable
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience living, working or studying in China, Hong Kong or Taiwan desired
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Research Analyst roles are full-time paid positions and are predominantly remote positions with flexible scheduling. This Research Analyst job description intends to describe the general nature of the work and does not represent that all individuals who hold the position will perform all duties set forth above.
- Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000/yr. depending on experience
- Performance-Based Bonus